In 1873 when Randolph Clark came to Hood County from Fort Worth to help establish AddRan College, he reported finding a small group of “Campbellites” meeting in the courthouse. J.H. Harbison, the livery stable owner, preached on Sundays. The church began to serve as the church home of Clark and his family as well as the students of AddRan College. The Clarks and AddRan (TCU) eventually moved to Waco and finally to Fort Worth, but some congregants stayed behind to minister to the community of Granbury. In 1889 members of the congregation constructed a frame building at the southeast corner of Houston and Bluff Streets. The deed to the building was filed in Hood County on April 22, 1889.
The congregation worshiped in this building for the next 97 years. The original frame building has since been moved to the corner of Bridge and Brazos Streets, where it is now the Dora Lee Langdon Cultural and Education Center, a concert hall of Tarleton State University.
On Easter Sunday in 1986 the members of First Christian Church worshiped for the first time in the newly constructed limestone building at 2109 West Highway 377. In 1998 the congregation dedicated the $1.3 million addition including a fellowship hall/gymnasium, an enlarged sanctuary, a classroom wing, a new and enlarged nursery, and a lobby with an atrium and a foyer.